Catalyst has been dedicated to using the world’s best open source software and tools to deliver robust IT solutions for our clients all over the globe for 20 years. Along with our passion for open source, we are a company that is committed to equal opportunities for all, regardless of individual characteristics such as gender, age, or ethnicity.
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full via the link below.
Catalyst Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Catalyst is a global organization and we hire people across an array of professional fields; architects, developers, project managers, system administrators and people who just help the business to keep running and growing.
The common thing we all share is a belief in the importance of free and open source software and in a commitment to doing great work for our clients and the communities we work in.
Do you want to work in a great company with a firm belief in open source culture? Have a look at the skills we need, and if you’re what we’re looking for, drop us a line.
Looking for a Developer role?
Some of the skills we look for include, but are not limited to the following:
- A good understanding of source control systems (ideally git)
- The ability to work with some direction and be prepared to switch context/projects if and when required
- A good level of written communication
- The confidence and ability to discuss requirements with clients and colleagues
- The confidence and knowledge to provide alternative solutions where a different approach would be cheaper/faster/better for the client
- A passion for open source approaches to software creation
- The wisdom to ask for help when needed!
Tip: Include references to any publicly available open source work, e.g. ‘I have contributed 30 patches to the example project, which are available through http://repo.or.cz/w/example.git’
Other skills we look for
Rather than just advertising specific vacancies, we are generally on the lookout for talented individuals. These are some of the things we are looking for at the moment:
- PHP (particularly experience with Moodle or Totara)
- Linux Systems Administration
- Cloud Development and Support Expertise
- System Architects
- Strong front end skills
If this sounds like you – please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We love CVs in PDF format (rather than doc or docx) but if you send us something in ODT format we will be thrilled!
Good things to include in your email are:
- a CV that includes any academic results
- any other examples you can provide of relevant work, e.g. references to any academic research you have had published
- code samples if relevant